We all have power and influence. I want to be ONE of those PEOPLE who use that influence to give back.
We all have power and influence. I want to be one of those people who use that influence to give back.
Because of my upbringing with my wonderful parents, giving back, raising money, and making a difference has always been a priority. I’m grateful that the Paul Mitchell Schools have joined me in that mission.
From 2004 to 2016, Paul Mitchell Schools have raised over $16.7 million for multiple charitable organizations, including Leeza's Care Connection, Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals, Larry King Cardiac Foundation, Fran Drescher’s Cancer Schmancer Movement, Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library, Gary Sinise Foundation, Magic Johnson Foundation, Morris Animal Foundation, Habitat for Humanity, Food 4 Africa, Boys & Girls Clubs, hurricane relief, AIDS causes, breast cancer causes, City of Hope, American Cancer Society, and many more.
- Ellis Island Medal of Honor (National Ethnic Coalition of Organizations, 2017), for making it his mission to share his wealth of knowledge, indomitable courage, boundless compassion, unique talents, and selfless generosity with those less fortunate
- Named one of five "Industry Leaders Who Helped Revolutionize Education" (American Salon, 2016)
- Thirst Project’s Vision Award (2015)
- Friendly House Humanitarian of the Year Award (2013), for leading the Paul Mitchell Schools’ annual FUNraising campaign
- Behindthechair.com Hairdressers Unlocking Hope Award (2011), given to individuals in the professional beauty industry who serve as exemplary models of philanthropy, giving back to their communities and to the world with generosity and spirit
- Cofounder and chairman of the nonprofit Andrew Gomez Dream Foundation (2002–present)
- Board member of the nonprofit Bright Pink